GREEN BUILDING ADVISORY
Our technical services team has a well established reputation for providing documentation and related services for green rating systems (e.g., LEED, BOMA BESt, Whistler Green, BuiltGreen, Passive House) on time and on budget. We work with developers and contractors to complete necessary documentation or provide green building advisory.
- Green Building Certification Documentation & Administration
- Daylight Views & Calculations
- Design and Certification Support for Buildings
- Post Occupancy Evaluations
- Tenant Guidelines and Action Plans
- Product Market Intelligence, including Environmental Fact Sheets
HEALTH AND WELLBEING
Canadians spend up to 90% of their time indoors and the quality of the neighborhoods, buildings and spaces we live, work, and play in has a direct impact on human health and wellbeing.
Light House provides a range of health and wellbeing services for both new developments and existing properties. Our advisory, education, and research offering includes the following:
- Indoor Environment Quality: Assessment and optimization
- Biophilic design guidance
- WELL Building Standard assessment and certification management
- Environmental psychology research and applications
- Evidence-based design facilitation
- Healthy materials selection guidance
RESEARCH & POLICY
Light House provides policy advisory services to government and industry. We also work with associations and grant funders to undertake impartial research or to provide project management for multi-partner research initiatives related to:
- Sustainability and/or green building markets
- Building performance
- New building products and technologies
- Sustainable community planning and policy
ADVISORY SERVICES & PROJECT MANAGEMENT
Light House provides a range of advisory services, drawing on our multi-disciplinary expertise in green buildings, sustainable communities, and eco-industrial development.
- Sustainability policy development and analysis
- Corporate and government green building strategies
- Building / development cost analysis
- Sustainable infrastructure strategies
- Design / development guidelines
- Eco-industrial park / eco-business zone strategies and implementation
- Green development project management / strategic advisory
- Community energy planning
Building energy labeling and benchmarking, similar to measuring fuel use in a vehicle, is a useful tool to help owners, operators and managers understand how much energy their facility is using and how that compares locally and nationally to other similar buildings. Learn more here.
- Start-up energy analysis
- ENERGY STAR Portfolio Manager
- ASHRAE Building Energy Quotient (bEQ) label
- Post-Occupancy Evaluation and Survey of Occupant Satisfaction
LIFE CYCLE ANALYSIS
Not sure which product or design option is greener? Want to know which claims you can make about your product or building? Our LCA and energy modelling services can help you to quantify the impacts of your product or building.
- LCA and carbon footprinting research
- Product-based assessments: Environmental Information Sheets and Environmental Product Declarations
- Organization Based Assessment: Carbon and Environmental Footprints
- Simulated performance analysis of assemblies and buildings for energy, cost, carbon, thermal comfort, etc.
Light House is recognized for its facilitation skills having led projects, charrettes other design processes locally and internationally.
- Strategic Planning
- Integrated Design Process
- Project Facilitation
- Stakeholder Engagement and Public Consultation
EDUCATION & TRAINING
Light House is an experienced designer and provider of custom educational programming for the construction, building and real estate sector. In addition to green building policy and technology, we have recognized expertise in industrial symbiosis and green industrial park development.
- Custom training and education programs for professionals and businesses
- Public outreach and education programs development and implementation
- Project team mentoring
- Multi-tier training for construction team – in the classroom, in the office and on site.
CORPORATE SUSTAINABILITY SERVICES
Whether your organization is public or private sector, for or not-for profit, Light House can help you develop the policies and programs needed to ensure you are managing your buildings, operations, staff, and customers sustainably.
- Strategic planning and market analysis
- Product and service development
- Sustainability communications products
- Operators guidelines and manuals
- Surveys and data collection
In October 2017, Light House has lauched the National Industrial Symbiosis Program (NISP®).
NISP® Canada helps companies and other types of organizations to identify opportunities for resource collaboration. Primarily focused on material exchange, but also including other resources such as research expertise, transportation, and logistics, NISP® has been shown in 35 other regions around the globe to be an effective mean of creating economic, environmental and social benefits to businesses and surrounding communities.
To learn more about this program and get involved, please visit nispcanada.ca
Light House is well known and respected throughout the business, real estate and construction communities. Whether hosting international delegations or networking gatherings, our extensive network of contacts and ability to design successful networking events can help introduce you to the people you need to know in the green building industry.
- Custom events linking international investors, industry representatives and government.
- Social marketing
- Media outreach
- Business engagement