As a mission-driven social enterprise, Light House is dedicated to advancing the green economy, improving standard practices, promoting business-to-business collaboration, and educating governments and organizations on how to be part of the solution.
Now Hiring: Manager, Green Buildings – Subject Matter Expert
Light House is looking for a dynamic subject matter expert in one or more of the following areas:
· Passive House
· Health and Well Being
· Green Building Materials
· Life Cycle Analysis (Athena)
You will have 5 plus years of relevant industry experience in the subject matter, as well as relevant certifications. You are a flexible, team-oriented multi-tasker with an appetite for a dynamic project-oriented environment and a strong desire to advance green building and sustainable communities. You will be responsible for helping Light House to advance research and application in the subject matter area and managing existing green building projects.
Salary will be commensurate with education, experience, and responsibilities. This position also has the potential for rapid advancement to the Director level. Light House is co-managed by a team of Directors that reports directly to the Board.
You will report to the Director of Green Buildings and will be responsible for:
· Working strategically to support Light House’s mission.
· Identifying and actively pursuing business development opportunities.
· Directing funded research and analysis in your subject area.
· Actively seeking and preparing proposals for new grant-funded and fee-for-service work.
· Providing strategic advice to clients to achieve successful project outcomes.
· Effectively managing a diverse range of projects.
· Representing Light House at industry events, and conferences.
· Schedule management, budget control, accurate cost tracking and preparation of invoices.
· Communicating clearly and effectively with clients, sub-consultants and Light House staff.
· Maintaining up-to-date knowledge in your subject matter area.
– Bachelor degree or technical diploma related to subject matter expertise or related to building design or construction. Graduate level degrees are a strong asset.
– Applicable accreditation for subject matter expertise required, as applicable: i.e. Certified Passive House designation, WELL AP, LEED® AP.
– Professional / Academic Courses in subject matter area.
– Project Management certificate is an asset.
– Must have at least 5 years practical work experience in subject area.
– At least 3 years practical experience in project management role focusing on planning, budget control, staff utilization, scheduling, scope control, client management.
– Must have deep understanding of green building design, structures and construction with ability to interpret blueprints and specifications.
– Familiarity with green building design, and construction with ability to interpret drawings and specifications.
– Practical experience working with LEED® or other green building rating systems, e.g., completion of a project will be considered an asset.
– Experience with life cycle analysis, and integrated design processes, will be considered an asset.
– Strong organizational abilities and good time management and project planning abilities, including an ability to manage scope to reflect budget parameters.
– Active Drivers license
– Ability to multi-task and use sound judgment to prioritize activities.
– Excellent verbal (including telephone), presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
– Excellent command of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, and Microsoft PowerPoint.
– Proficient in spoken and written English.
– Entrepreneurial attitude and initiative.
– Ability to solve problems creatively and practically.
– Ability to work independently or in a team setting, especially a team including technical disciplines
– Flexibility and the ability to work in an unstructured environment.
– Confident and able to take responsibility for decisions.
– Personal commitment to sustainability.
– Professional demeanor, with an ability to be calm and persistent with team members and colleagues and clients.
– Workshop facilitation experience an asset.
– Experience speaking and presenting at conferences an asset.
About Light House
Light House is a not-for-profit dedicated to advancing green building and the sustainable infrastructure and economic systems into which green buildings are intrinsically integrated. We provide research, advisory and project management services to businesses, policy makers and the real estate and construction industries. Our projects cut across all scales of building and development, from buildings to regions, and across the residential, institutional, commercial, and industrial sectors. We strive to maintain a professional, warm, and eco-friendly work place.
Please provide a cover letter and CV by email or through Indeed by 5 PM January 29, 2018 to:
Joanne Sawatzky, Director, Green Building Services, email@example.com
While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.