About Light House
Light House is a not-for-profit company dedicated to advancing green building and the sustainable infrastructure and economic systems into which green buildings are intrinsically integrated. We provide research, advisory and project management services to businesses, policy makers and the real estate and construction industries. Our projects cut across all scales of building and development, from buildings to regions, and across the residential, institutional, commercial, and industrial sectors. We strive to maintain a professional, warm, and eco-friendly work place.
As a mission-driven social enterprise, Light House is dedicated to advancing the green economy, improving standard practices, promoting business-to-business collaboration, and educating governments and organizations on how to be part of the solution.
Now Hiring: Green Building Certification Co-Ordinator
Light House is seeking a dynamic project co-ordinator support green building rating and certification systems documentation projects, as well as related education, outreach, and research efforts.
This a full-time position. Salary will be commensurate with education, experience, and responsibilities.
We are looking for someone who is very detail-oriented with a passion for sustainability, especially as it applies to buildings. You are familiar with green building rating systems and standards such as LEED v4 and Passive House. You will have strong technical skills, an aptitude for quantitative analysis and enthusiasm for providing high-quality client services.
- Post-secondary education, with a preference given to degrees, technical diplomas, or trades training related to building design or construction.
- LEED® accreditation required
- Must have familiarity with green building design, structures and construction with ability to interpret blueprints and specifications.
- Must have practical experience working with LEED®.
- Familiarity with LEED® v4 and LEED® for Homes Mid-Rise an asset.
- Familiarity with Passive House or the BuiltGreen standards, and carbon neutral, biophilic, healthy building or related design and construction will be considered an asset.
- Knowledge of life cycle analysis and sustainable building materials will be considered an asset.
- Strong organizational abilities and good time management and project planning abilities.
- Ability to multi-task and use sound judgment to prioritize activities.
- Confident when dealing with technical professionals.
- Excellent verbal (including telephone), presentation and interpersonal communication skills.
- Excellent command of Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Outlook, Microsoft PowerPoint.
- Knowledge in AutoCAD and/or Revit is an asset.
- Proficient in spoken and written English.
- Ability to solve problems creatively and practically.
- Ability to work independently or in a team setting, especially a team including technical disciplines.
- Flexibility and the ability to work in an unstructured environment.
- Confident and able to take responsibility for decisions.
- Personal commitment to sustainability.
- Professional demeanour, with an ability to be calm and persistent with team members and colleagues and clients.
Please provide a cover letter and CV by email or Indeed only by 5 PM February 28, 2018 to:
Joanne Sawatzky, Director, Green Building, firstname.lastname@example.org
While we truly appreciate all applications, only those selected for interview will be contacted.